CHARACTERISTICS OF RESEARCH
- Empirical – based on observations and experimentation on theories
- Systematic – follows orderly and sequential procedure.
- Controlled – all variables except those that are tested/experimented upon are kept constant
- Employs hypothesis – guides the investigation process
- Analytical – There is critical analysis of all data used so that there is no error in their interpretation
- Objective, Unbiased, & Logical – all findings are logically based on empirical
- Employs quantitative or statistical methods – data are transformed into numerical measures and are treated statistically
- Original work
- Done by an expert – the researcher uses valid and carefully designed procedures, valid data gathering
- Must be patient and unhurried activity – to ensure accuracy
- Require effort-making capacity
- Accurate – conducting a careful investigation.
13. Reliability – having research design & procedures to enable the research to arrive at valid & conclusive results.
14. Cyclical – having a succession of procedure the cycle that start with a problem and ends with a problem.
15. Requires courage – calling the researchers will to continue the work in spite of the problem
16. Patient and unhurried activity – requiring an effort making a capacity.
17. Hypothetical – giving an intelligent guess before presenting the conclusion.